The Paradox


Matthew 10:39

He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

This is the Paradox.  You can't really have something until you learn to let go of it and be okay with not having it.  That's the way God works.  It's his way of testing if we will to have something more than we desire to have him.  The only thing that should be a constant desire is simply to want more of him, which is good.  He is a jealous God, but that's because we belong to him.  

Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,

Because without him we are nothing.  It's okay to lose yourself in dependency on God because he truly is God, and that's what he wants.  He will make it so losing yourself means finding the REAL you, the one you've been looking for all along.  People often times play God, and that is wrong.  They want you to become dependent on them.  This results in extreme disappointment and losing hope of ever finding yourself.  It is so wrong to lose yourself in another person, because then they've become your replacement for God.  God hates this.  HE HATES IT.  It's sin, and therefore he hates it.  This was never his intention.  

Exodus 20:3
“You shall have no other gods before Me."

God's ways are so mysterious that sometimes the way things work in his kingdom do not make sense to us.  
In my own life I learned this when I lost most of my physical possessions by circumstance. Even though at the time I thought this was the worst thing that could have happened to me, in the end it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.  It freed me from having my possessions be my God and let me depend on the REAL God.  When I started to let the real God be my security I found that this is the way it should have been all along and wish I could have seen that before.  I was mistaken in my beliefs and I was LIED TO.  I was under the impression that who I was was related to what I owned and how much money I earned.  I WAS WRONG.  Living in the world we are constantly fed lies right from birth, some subtle and some not so subtle.  This is one lie I want to expose right now.  You ARE NOT what you own or how much money you make.  In fact, consider this verse:

Matthew 19:23-24

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”


This verse is Jesus commenting to his disciples on a rich young ruler in the Bible.  He came to Jesus and asked him what he must do to inherit eternal life.  This is Jesus' reply to him:

Matthew 19:21

Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

The Bible says he became very sad and walked away because he was very rich and his possessions were great.  He couldn't do it because he was so attached to what he owned.  He just wasn't able to do it.  So what happened to me, losing almost everything, was actually a blessing in disguise.  I didn't have to make that choice.  It was made for me by circumstance.  Would I have made that choice for myself at the time?  Most definitely NOT!!!  So maybe it's time to change your perspective.  If you don't have a lot of possessions or earthly wealth consider yourself blessed because you have more of yourself to give to God and make him absolutely number one.  If you serve him in this life when you get to heaven your treasure in heaven will be so abundantly greater than anything on this earth, and nothing will be able to destroy it.  

Matthew 6:19-20

Lay Up Treasures in Heaven

 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Keep your eye on the prize.  Remember what we're after, and that's eternal life spent with the Lord.  Anything extra is a bonus.  The Bible makes it abundantly clear that the Lord wants to bless you for the good things you do on earth.  Even if you do not see the results of your good doing in this lifetime, you will most certainly see it in heaven.  That's a promise from the Lord.  And if this disappoints you to any degree, you have no idea what the kingdom of heaven will be like.  This life is a blip on the radar, nothing in comparison to eternity.  So as always, make sure you know where you are going, without a shadow of a doubt.  If you're not on God's side then you're on Satan's to put it plainly, as I wrote in one of the last articles on the battle between good and evil.  If you didn't read it you might want to.  http://searchingforgodsheart.blogspot.com/2012/05/battle-good-vs-evil.html

Matthew 13:44

The Parable of the Hidden Treasure

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."




Comments

Popular Posts