I Believe...








This song has been very important in my life. I don't know if you have songs that have gotten you through some very rough times, but I have listened to this song many times with tears streaming down my face. This song says "even in the valley low..." and I have been in some very low valleys while listening to this. I believe that music is a gift from God through talented artists. I totally believe music is an art-form with a spiritual component and can bring healing to our souls.

What are you believing for? I am still believing for many things in my life. I can't imagine life without that hope deep inside for something good happening in the future. Everyone has their own dreams, which I believe are put there by God Himself. He puts desires in our hearts and then he fulfills those desires. The love this develops between us is like no other. It bonds us together in trust, admiration and thanksgiving. We grow closer to him while we wait on him. I picture this as physically leaning on him for strength.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Faith is the most exciting thing in the world. It's the belief that what you want most will happen. It's that little flame that keeps going. It's that desire that drives us. We can't let that spark die. At some point the spark will grow into a big fire and we will experience those desires. They will manifest and be realized. Even if everyone in the entire world says it can't be done, don't believe them. Faith is a persistent little bugger, a light in our eyes, a distant dream we can't stop looking towards. It's something that persists over time, something we just can't let go of. If we lose our faith, we've lost it all.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Do you ever feel like you can't go on, but you also can't give up? I feel like that all the time. These troubles are strengthening us. Someday we will look back and realize just how far we have come. Think about it. How much stronger are you than 5 years ago? How much have you changed? I'm willing to bet you have changed a lot. We all have. And we will continue to change because God ain't finished with us yet.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


I BELIEVE LYRICS:
Every painful day I’ve known
And every door unopened
You’ve been working for my good
Your sovereign hand will lead me

Even through the darkest night
I know You won’t forsake me
Even in the valley low
Your goodness never fails me

I believe that You are God
When all around gives way
I believe that You are God
Your goodness never fails

Help me now to lift my head
Through prayers that seem unanswered
I have seen Your faithfulness
And You have never failed me

I will trust You and surrender
You are always good
You are perfect, You are faithful
You are always good

Sam & Rebekah Cox
Copyright © 2015 Freedom Sounds



Comments

Popular Posts