Message From God

This is the greatest story ever told. This is the most epic story of love and sacrifice ever known, and you are part of it.


This is what I (God) want to tell you:

1.  I LOVE YOU.  I love you more than you know.  I have loved you since the foundation of the world.

 Romans 8:38-39
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


2. I created you in my glorious image. 

Genesis 1:26

"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”


3.  Things went tragically wrong on that fateful day in the Garden of Eden.  This world of pain and suffering is not what I intended for my creation.


First, I told Adam and Eve the only fruit they couldn't eat was from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil:

Genesis 2:15-17

"Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall NOT eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”


But they disobeyed me and ate the fruit:

Genesis 3:6-7, 13

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings."



And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

So as a consequence of that disobedience, it put the law of sin and death into effect in the world:

Genesis 3:16-19

To the woman He (God) said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”
Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
“Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”


4.  There was only one way to save you.  I came to the earth I created to walk among you as a man.



John 1:14

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

1 Timothy 3:16

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory."


5.  I willingly gave my own life to save you.  Even though I was innocent, I took on the punishment for the sins of the world.  It was an impossibly huge debt to pay.  You could not have paid this debt, so I paid it for you.



Philippians 2:5-11

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."



Isaiah 53:5

 "But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed."

6.  I was in the grave for three days, but then I arose from the dead and came back to life.  By doing this I defeated the law of sin and death once and for all.  Then I ascended to heaven, where I'm now sitting at the right hand of the Father, interceding for you.

1 Corinthians 15:3-7

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles."


7.  If you believe that I am who I say I am, and proclaim me as Lord of your life, you will live eternally with me in my kingdom and be glorified with me forever.



Romans 10:9-10

"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Revelation 21:4

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."





Comments

Popular Posts