"Sola Gratia" - Grace Alone

I have made a discovery.  It's called grace alone. Why do we even live?  God's grace alone. Why did you wake up this morning?  Grace alone.  How can we be saved and made clean from sin at all?  Grace alone!  God is sovereign.  He is in charge.  We are fully dependent on his mercy whether we know it or not, whether we want to admit it or not.  He gives an abundant amount of grace to each of us on a daily basis, yet we are oblivious to it most of the time.  He doles out grace as he pleases, wherever and whenever, to whoever he wants.  We just have to accept that this is his choice.  We have to learn to be thankful and not take his grace for granted!  If you are saved do you understand that your salvation is not yours to take credit for?  You are saved by God's GRACE ALONE. 

There is NOTHING right that we did to deserve this grace and mercy.  We are deserving only of death and punishment because of our sin, but only because of Jesus we can be set free.  Not understanding this does not negate the truth and make it not so, it only makes you ignorant of your own depraved human condition and need for God.  Pray for God to open your eyes to your sinful nature and let you see yourself for who you really are!



Romans 9:14-18

"What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens."


Listen up people!  Humble yourself at this very moment.  If there is anything good you can find in yourself presently, know this: you are who you are and what you are only by the GRACE of God.  Reckon with your maker and thank HIM for his mercy on your soul, if you are saved!  If you are not saved, I implore you to repent and get right with him!


Isaiah 45:9

“Woe to him who strives with his Maker!
Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!
Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’?


Everything is by God's grace, including every spiritual gift bestowed upon us, the gift of the Holy Spirit and our very faith itself.  Every man has been given a measure of faith from God.

Romans 12:3


For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.


This does not mean that every person is given a different measure of faith.  We have all been given the same measure of faith.  What varies is what you do with this measure of faith.  Do you sow it and reap, or do you hide it away under a rock and never use it?  Does your mustard seed ever begin to bloom?  Do you actively use your faith on a daily basis?  Is faith your primary means of coping, or a dusty old last ditch effort to get something you want?  Ultimately, the size of our faith is not what brings about miracles or answers to prayer.  Only God brings about answers to prayer!



Matthew 17:20

"So Jesus said to them "...for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

I love this quote:
"Don't ask for great faith so that we can do great things -- ask for faith the size of a mustard seed so that we can see God do great things!"


Ultimately there is one answer, and that is God.  He is the answer to every question.  This life is ultimately about bringing glory to God, not ourselves.  He alone deserves it, because he alone is good.



Let us pray daily: "Father, thank you for your grace.  It's by your grace alone that I even live.  Thank you for my faith. Please help me sustain it, strengthen it, and deepen it.  Please let me stay continually focused on you and aware that you will never fail me, or leave or forsake me. Please make me even more aware of your grace and power in my life, so that I can give you the glory alone.  I pray all these things in Jesus Name.  Amen."







Comments

Popular Posts