Submission Prayer


I want to share the #1 secret of my Christian life and walk. It's not really a secret. I try to tell every Christian I know. I want to express how tremendously important this is, and give you my personal word and testimony. Praying this prayer has resulted in me taking off like a turbo charged runner in my Christian walk. It has propelled me forward onto the mountain tops of glory, as well as the deep valleys of sorrow, where incredible spiritual growth has taken place. I give God all the glory for everything I am today. I believe every believer can achieve this anointing of acceleration, which begins by praying the Submission Prayer.

James 4:7
"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

     To God be the glory! I am just as fire for God as I was 3 years ago when I first got saved, if not more so. The fire has never gone out. It has only burned hotter and brighter with each progressive day. I long to worship the Lord Jesus for long uninterrupted periods of time. Worshiping God is the deepest desire of my heart. I have ever growing intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ thanks to His deep abundant love. I feel His presence every day in a very real tangible way. He is the air I breathe. I attribute this to the Submission Prayer. My dad, a beloved servant of Christ, taught me to pray this prayer. I have done it ever since I received true salvation and spiritual rebirth in January 2012. I will never be the same. I am a completely different person. I have never been happier or more at peace in my entire life, than right now at this very moment. Every day just gets better and better. Even in hard circumstances I still have special intimacy with God that helps me get through anything.

     I won't keep you in suspense any longer. The secret is very simple. I simply pray the Submission Prayer every day. The Submission Prayer is: "God, if I'm not willing to do your will, please change my will so I'm willing to do it." I give God permission to change my will to His will. I also give Him permission to change anything else He wants to change about me, including: my heart, my mind, my body, my soul and my spirit. I leave myself in His hands, trusting Him completely. He is the Potter and I am the clay. I give Him permission to mold me, make me, break me, shape me or do whatever He wants to do to me. I place my life in His hands. I trust Him more than I trust myself. I trust Him increasingly more every day. I lay myself down on the altar and die to myself daily. I die to myself (my wants and desires) and ask Him to live through me. I ask Him to fill me with His Holy Spirit more than ever before.

The Apostle Paul said:
1 Corinthians 15:31
"I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily."


Paul also said:

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Luke 9:23
Then He (Jesus) said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."

In the Garden of Gethsemane, before His crucifixion, Jesus prayed:

Luke 22:42
...“Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”


     If Jesus, God's Son and God in the flesh, prayed this to His Father in heaven, then I will certainly pray it also. I pray daily, "Lord, no longer my will be done, but your will be done in my life."

     We have to give God permission to do whatever He desires in us. He's given us free will and He will not impede on that. He loves us too much to control us. We have to give Him permission to change our will. As we pray this, a metamorphosis begins. We begin to change in ways we would never imagine. Our lives can and will become the biggest adventure we could ever hope for. He will be able to do things through us that we could never dream of. With God, nothing is impossible. Anything is possible!

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

     If you pray this way every day it will change your life forever, just like it has changed mine.

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."


     

Comments

Popular Posts