Things I Have Learned in This Life

This is a very honest post coming straight from my heart. 

1. I have found there is no happiness to be found anywhere in this whole wide world. I tried everything at least once, but happiness was elusive to me, no where to be found. I couldn't find it in a person, I couldn't find it in a store, I couldn't find it in a book (even a best seller). I couldn't find happiness anywhere. I was heart broken. I was so disillusioned. I didn't want to live anymore. The things that once made me happy didn't even make me happy anymore. I thought, "Is this the point of life? To wind up disillusioned and heartbroken?"
Ecclesiastes 1:14 "I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind."

2. I have found that the only real comfort in this life comes from God. Life is so empty and heartbreaking without God. True story: I wanted nothing to do with God. I grew up with "that stuff" and wanted nothing to do with it. I came to the point where nothing else was working, so I figured "what do I have to lose?" I thought "I have already lost everything. I have tried everything else and I am at the end of my rope." It was my last choice. It was my last ditch effort at life. All I can say is I didn't find God, he found me right where I was at. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,"

3. I have found that a thankful heart is KEY to comfort and peace. I started a journal of things I was thankful for and just kept adding to it everyday. The more I did it the better I started to feel. It changed my whole attitude. But do you know what my biggest discovery was? Yes, I saw more clearly all of the things God blessed me with, but do you know what the biggest blessing that I found was? My salvation, because that's what changed my whole life. It was the point when things started to change for me and my soul was restored. My hope was regained and continues to this day.
Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful."

4. Real comfort comes from salvation. You cannot buy comfort in a store. You can buy a down comforter, but you can't buy comfort. It comes from being at peace with your maker. We can only be at peace with God through Jesus.
Romans 5:1 " Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

I call you right now to get right with God. Go in your room, get on your knees and pray. Pray for salvation. Pray for restoration. Pray for healing. God is ready and waiting for you with open arms.




Comments

Popular Posts